Thursday, March 22, 2007

Why You Can't Breathe Deeply!

Back when I was about 5 or 6 years old I was visiting my grandparents in Toronto and a startling thing happened to me. For the first time I noticed I had a hard time breathing.

Something was blocking the flow of my breathing. This bothered me so much that I was looking in the mirror, up at my nose to see what was blocking the passage way. What I saw was actually skin that was protruding out in the upper part of my nose. I was worried about this and told my mother. She basically said not to worry about it.

I didn’t like it, but I soon forgot all about it. Fast forward to when I switched to a diet of 100% uncooked fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds. Er, I mean a Raw Food Diet.

After less than a month of eating like this I was able to breathe deeply and effortlessly again. For most of my life I had forgotten what deep breathing was like.

Now I know that for me and many others eating cooked food not only poisons your body, but it also lowers your ability to intake a stream of mountain fresh oxygen.

At first I couldn’t believe the deepness of my breathing. Even when I was breathing indoor air, it felt like I was breathing air in a pristine pine forest up in the mountains. I also noticed that all the flem I had in my lungs completely cleared out.

Looking back, I think maybe I had a minor form of asthma. At least I certainly had an impaired ability to breathe. But going raw quickly cured that.

This kind of ease of breathing is great for any athletic endeavors. But it also does something else amazing, when you can breathe deeply you feel happier. Deep and natural belly breaths actually give you a natural high. I’d be willing to bet that you can’t breathe as deeply as you could unless you’re already eating a 100% raw food diet.

Your body recognizes cooked food as poison. This is has been scientifically proven many times and with many cooked foods. After you eat a piece of "good for you" whole grain bread, your white blood cell count will skyrocket.

Your body will also create mucus to help transport the poison out of your body. Thus the whole theory behind the classic book, “The Mucusless Diet Healing System.” Eat foods that don’t cause your body to produce mucus and you can live in paradise health. Some of the worst offending cooked foods are dairy products and grains. If you eat these foods, you'll never know what it's like to breathe properly.

If you want to know what it’s like to breathe truly deep breaths, then you’ll want the easiest way to thrive on the raw food diet. Think and Go Raw, the 2007 updated version will show you all the tricks you need to motivate yourself to go raw and without endless willpower.

By the way -- if you have to rely on willpower alone, you'll never succeed at staying raw for the long haul. You must learn the psychological strategies to grease your way to raw eating. Going raw doesn’t have to be a struggle, it can be as easy as sliding down a water slide, if you have the right ideas and the right training. Just one concept from my book, might be the one take you over the top to raw food diet success.

http://ThinkandGoRaw.com/book.htm

To Your Radiant Health, Happiness and Fitness, Roger Haeske

No comments: